(former Travel Underwriters)
- Pre-existing conditions
- When to apply
- Premiums Refund
- Side trips
- Making a claim
- Download Forms
You are not eligible for coverage under this policy if:
A trip that is undertaken:
a) against a Physician’s advice; or,
b) after diagnosis of a Terminal Condition.
Conditions or any related conditions for which, prior to arrival date in Canada, testing or investigative consultation took place, was scheduled to take place or was recommended, and for which results had not yet been received at the time of departure from your country of permanent residence. This includes tests that were recommended or scheduled prior to departure, but had not yet taken place at the time of departure.Refer to the policy wording for a complete list of exclusions.
For persons 69 years and under, pre-existing conditions are covered if stable in the 120 days prior to the effective date of this policy.
For persons 70 to 79 years: the applicant can purchase an additional optional coverage to cover pre-existing conditions provided they were stable in the 120 days prior to the effective date of the policy.
For persons 80 to 89 years, pre-existing conditions are not covered
• No waiting period if Insurance is purchased prior to arrival in Canada.
• 48 hours waiting period on sickness if policy is purchased within 60 days of arrival in Canada.
• 7 days waiting period on sickness if policy is purchased 61 days or more after arrival in Canada.
- Emergency medical treatment • whether in-patient or out-patient
- Services of physician, surgeon, anesthetist, registered nurse
- Private duty nursing
- X-rays and laboratory services and rental of medical appliances
- Non-emergency treatment Up to $3,000
- Ambulance services
- Prescription drugs Up to $10,000 or limit of a 30-day supply
- Licensed physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath, and Podiatrist medical services up to $500 per practitioner.
- Family transportation One return economy airfare or ground transportation costs and up to $100 per day for meals and accommodation
- Out of pocket expenses while hospitalized -up to $200 per day to a max of $2,000.
- Child care Up to $50 per day to a maximum of $500
- Up to $4,000 for accident
- Up to $600 for dental pain
- Repatriation • Up to $12,000 for repatriation (excluding cost of a burial coffin)
- Up to $5,000 for burial/cremation at place of death(excluding cost of a burial coffin or urn)
- Return of vehicle Up to $2,500
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Up to $25,000 for air flight
- Up to $25,000 for 24-hour accident
Refunds are available as follows:
1.- When no travel has taken place:
a) A full refund is available when the request for refund is received PRIOR to the effective date of the Policy.
b) a full refund less a cancellation administration fee is available when the request for refund is received AFTER the effective date provided the request for refund is received no later than 30 days after the effective date and prior to the expiry date of the Policy.
2.- Partial refund is available if:
a) You return to Your country of permanent residence and a minimum term of 45 days remains unused on the Policy.
Travel worldwide is valid as long as majority of time is spent in Canada. No coverage provided while in country of permanent residence
Notice to the Insured, Physicians and Hospitals: It is a condition of the Insurance that in the event of medical Emergency due to Sickness or Injury which may require or result in hospitalization, the Insurer must be notified as soon as possible by calling toll-free:
1-800-663-0399 (in Canada and U.S.A.), 001-800-514-9976 (in Mexico),
604-278-4108 (collect call Worldwide) or 800-663-00399 *(outside North America and Mexico).
Complete Visitors Medical claim form and all required documentation concerning a claim should be promptly sent to:
OneWorld Assist Inc. 10th Floor, 6081 No. 3 Road Richmond, BC V6Y 2B2
This summary is meant to be a “help guide” and does not exonerate you from the responsibility of reading the detailed terms, conditions, definitions and exclusions of the policy wording. In all instances, the official policy wording will prevail.
To view TuGo Travel Underwriters policy wording click the PDF button
Super Visa Insurance
Visitors To Canada
Ideal if you are:
- Temporary resident of Canada
- Returning Canadian resident
- Work permit holder